According to Sirius Black, Wilkes was a member of a gang of Slytherins and aspiring Death Eaters that included Severus Snape, Avery, Mulciber, and Evan Rosier. They all entered the service of Lord Voldemort during the height of the First Wizarding War.
Magical abilities and skills
- Dark Arts: Being a Death Eater, Wilkes would have been highly proficient and accomplished in dark magic. More than likely, they would have been able to perform the Unforgivable Curses, along with various other dark charms and spells.
- Duelling: Being a Death Eater who participated and fought in the First Wizarding War, they were likely a fairly competent duellist with some skill in martial magic. They managed to fight a team of Aurors well enough that they had to be killed rather than taken alive, but considering they were defeated, they could not have been that good.
Behind the Scenes
- Wilkes is only mentioned once in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and Sirius Black does not specify their gender.
- Sirius Black groups Wilkes's death with Evan Rosier's when listing the members of Snape's gang to Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger, but when they discuss Rosier's death during Igor Karkaroff's trial, neither Karkaroff, Alastor Moody, nor Barty Crouch mention Wilkes.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)