According to Sirius Black, Wilkes was a member of a gang of Slytherins and aspiring Death Eaters that included Severus Snape, Avery, Mulciber, and Evan Rosier. They all entered the service of Lord Voldemort during the height of the First Wizarding War.
Magical abilities and skills
- Dark Arts: Being a Death Eater, Wilkes would have been highly proficient and accomplished in dark magic. More than likely, they would have been able to perform the Unforgivable Curses, along with various other dark charms and spells.
- Duelling: Being a Death Eater who participated and fought in the First Wizarding War, Wilkes likely at least a fairly competent duellist with some skill in martial magic. Despite this, they were not able to avoid being killed by Aurors.
Behind the scenes
- Wilkes is only mentioned once in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, and Sirius Black does not specify their gender.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- "World Exclusive Interview with J K Rowling," South West News Service, 8 July 2000 - "Hogwarts just serves Britain and Ireland."
- 30 July, 2007 Web Chat with J. K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 27 (Padfoot Returns)