|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- "...the witch who banished the Bandon Banshee had a hairy chin. I mean, come on..."
- — Gilderoy Lockhart[src]
The witch with a hairy chin was a witch, who was the individual who banished the Bandon Banshee. However, shortly after her deed, Gilderoy Lockhart tracked her down, and tricked her into revealing in detail of how she defeated the banshee. After Lockhart got all the information he needed, he cast a Memory Charm on the witch to erase her memory of the meeting and of her actions, and published the book Break with a Banshee with all of the information under his own credentials.
Behind the scenes
- In the original edition of the text, she was referred to as having a "harelip," but this was deemed insensitive and changed in future editions.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Chapter 16 (The Chamber of Secrets)
- Harry Potter Lexicon - Chamber of Secrets - Changes to the text