Wizarding World, formerly known as J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World, is an American-British media franchise centring around the shared fictional universe of the films created by Warner Bros. in connection to the novels of J. K. Rowling. Beginning in 2001, they have created ten films, with up to three more on the way. Wizarding World includes both the Harry Potter film series and the new Fantastic Beasts film series.
The company was founded by J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros. based on the original Harry Potter film series made from the work of Rowling, for which the beginning was the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in 2001. The company works in connection with David Heyman and the company Heyday Films who have worked on every film in the series.
The franchise has become the third highest grossing film series ever, collectively making $8.5 billion. The franchise now includes Pottermore, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Orlando, the stage play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and Portkey Games.
The new logo was unveiled on 13 March 2018 by Pottermore and would be the official logo for the website and shared universe of every film, appearing alongside the Pottermore logo. It celebrates a new era for the growing shared universe in the hope the brand will uphold the authenticity of information.
The logo was designed to look like an open book, with the wands of nine characters from both Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts placed around the logo. From the left, the wands of Voldemort, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger and Harry Potter were placed. In the middle, the Elder Wand belonging to Albus Dumbledore who belongs to both film series, and then Queenie Goldstein, Tina Goldstein, Newt Scamander and the original wand of Gellert Grindelwald.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) - released on 15 November 2001
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) - released on 14 November 2002
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) - released on 31 May 2004
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) - released on 18 November 2005
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) - released on 11 July 2007
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) - released on 15 July
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 - released on 19 November 2010
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - released on 15 July 2011
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) - released on 18 November 2016
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - released on 16 November 2018
It is requested that this article, or a section of this article, should be expanded. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by expanding this article to give more complete coverage of its subject.
- J. K. Rowling's Wizarding World: Movie Magic Volume One: Extraordinary People and Fascinating Places
- J. K. Rowling's Wizarding World: Movie Magic Volume Two: Curious Creatures
- J. K. Rowling's Wizarding World: Movie Magic Volume Three: Amazing Artifacts
- J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World: The Dark Arts: A Movie Scrapbook