At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
Xeep's Luscious Locks Solution was a hair care and potent memory-erasing potion invented by Zenith Xeep. While primarily used as a hair product, the potion was marketed as a "miracle product" that could also be used "as part of a hydrating skincare routine". Its ingredients were lavender, valerian and Wampus cat tears, and had the Forgetfulness Potion as its base.
During the 1990–1991 school year, Zenith Xeep held a Meet-and-Greet for her beauty-and-lifestyle business Xeep in the Leaky Cauldron, and promoted this solution. Garrick Ollivander claimed to have used it for a week and spoke highly of it. Madam Villanelle had also used it, and it caused memory loss for both of them.
- "I'll admit this potion is intriguing. It has properties similar to the Forgetfulness Potion... Though it is much more powerful."
- — Severus Snape regarding this potion[src]
As part of their Ministry of Magic student programme, Jacob's sibling took a bottle of the potion to Potions Master Professor Severus Snape, along with Penny Haywood, asking him to examine the potion to determine its ingredients and develop a counter-serum for it. Although begrudgingly, Snape examined the potions ingredients as at least lavender and valerian, with the Forgetfulness Potion as its base, although he said he needed more time to identify all its ingredients, and remarked it was similar to the Forgetfulness Potion, but more powerful. He informed Jacob's sibling an owl would be sent to them once he and Penny had developed its counter-serum.
After Zenith had a meeting with a Dark Witch in Knockturn Alley and a duel with Jacob's sibling, she drank a bottle of Xeep's Luscious Locks Solution to make herself forget what had happened. However, she also couldn't remember her name. The effects of this potion were so strong on Xeep that she completely lost her memory and had to be hospitalised in the Janus Thickey Ward in St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, where Healer Miriam Strout cared for her and tried to help her regain her memory.
Meanwhile, Snape and Penny had been further examining the solution and came to realise that one of the ingredients was Wampus cat tears, which had degenerative properties that would cause the drinker to rapidly lose their memory. With the help of Jacob's sibling, they finished brewing the counter-serum and offered it to the victims of the solution in Ollivanders.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 7, Chapter 12 (And Hello Magical Accidents and Catastrophes)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 7, Chapter 13 (Side Effects May Include Memory Loss)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 7, Chapter 14 (The Search for Zenith Xeep)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 7, Chapter 15 (The Counter-Serum)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 7, Chapter 24 (In the Thickey of It)