On 30 December 1997, Xenophilius drew his wand on Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley in his home, shortly before the arrival of Death Eaters. Xenophilius had asked the Death Eaters to come and take Harry Potter, in the hopes of them releasing a kidnapped Luna, his daughter. During the ambush that proceeded, Xenophilius sent a powerful Stunning Spell at Hermione, which missed and instead hit an Erumpent horn, which caused a large explosion which destroyed most of his house. He then tried to move some debris with the Hover Charm.
Behind the scenes
- While Xenophilius does have a wand in the book and uses it in a short duel with Hermione Granger, there is no showing of him owning a wand in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1.
- Replicas for this wand were made available both through the Noble Collection and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter shops.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Notes and references
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 21 (The Tale of the Three Brothers)