Yardley Platt (1446 - 1557) was an infamous Dark wizard who was known for being a serial goblin killer. He was featured on a Chocolate Frog Card.
Behind the scenes
- On the Chocolate Frog Cards featured in the video games, Platt is portrayed as a blond wizard. At the Wizard of the Month section at J. K. Rowling's official site, however, he is featured as a black-haired wizard.
- The Chocolate Frog Card portrait of Platt appears to be a direct homage to a famous promotional photo of Frank Gorshin as the Batman villain Edward Nygma ("the Riddler").
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Appears on a Famous Wizard Card)
- J. K. Rowling's official site
Notes and references
*Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, Fandom will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.