|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The topic of this article is of a real-life subject that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Yorkshire is a county in northern England. In Yorkshire is the small village of Upper Flagley. Upper Flagley is one of the places in Great Britain where a number of magic families came to settle among Muggle neighbours.
In 1981, Yorkshire was one of the places where wizards celebrated Lord Voldemort's downfall by casting spells, resembling shooting stars to Muggles. Muggle viewers reported this to meteorologist Jim McGuffin, who gave a report about it on the news that evening.
According to Aquatic Wonders of Yorkshire: A Wizard's Field Guide, the Grindylow was particularly prevalent in Yorskhire and displayed a surprising degree of physical variation there. It could be found in still or stagnant water throughout the region.
Behind the scenes
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Fully illustrated edition) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard (Mentioned only)