At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. Spoilers will be present within the article.
- "I may be known for my voice, but my beauty is unparelleled."
- — Zenith Xeep regarding her talent and beauty[src]
In her adulthood, Madam Xeep enjoyed a long and renowned career of her own as an operatic soprano. Among her repertoire were roles like the Queen of the Night in The Magic Flute, a personal favourite of Garrick Ollivander. Her career was covered in the press substantially by Daily Prophet reporter Rita Skeeter, who she befriended.
In the 1990s, she stole a wand from Ollivanders and put a fake wand in its place. She invented Xeep's Luscious Locks Solution, and was the founder of a cosmetics company called Xeep, named after herself. She held a Meet-and-Greet for her company in the Leaky Cauldron, where she first met Ben Copper and Jacob's sibling. The solution caused memory loss to several of its users, including Garrick Ollivander and Madam Villanelle, and was later identified to be a potent memory-erasing potion.
When the British Ministry of Magic initiated an investigation, Zenith went hiding in Knockturn Alley. She was caught having a meeting with a Dark Witch from R by Ben and Jacob's sibling, and when she was about to hand over the wand she had stolen, Ben Copper emerged, and was soon Stunned by the Dark Witch. When Jacob's sibling also appeared and the Dark Witch Disapparated, Jacob's sibling duelled Zenith, and after they won, she drank a bottle of Xeep's Luscious Locks Solution, making herself forget what had happened, along with, however, her name.
Magical abilities and skills
- Potions: Madam Xeep invented her own formula for her hair care potion Xeep's Luscious Locks Solution, which also possessed potent memory loss powers.
- Duelling: Madam Xeep was a fairly accomplished duellist who was able to face Jacob's sibling down in magical combat, although she was no match for their superior skills and was defeated.
- Opera singing: Madam Xeep was famous for her powerful opera singing voice, allowing her to become an esteemed performer in the field in the wizarding world.
Behind the scenes
- Garrick Ollivander, who was at least in his early eighties in 1990, claimed to have been a fan of Madam Xeep since he was a lad, suggesting that she was far older than she looked in 1990–1991. She might have accomplished this with a de-ageing amulet. However, he may have meant lad as in the sense of a young adult lessening this somewhat.
- Quite appropriately, the role of The Queen of the Night is the villain of The Magic Flute, a powerful Sorceress and Queen who wants to steal the powerful artefact known as the Circle of the Sun. The role is a demanding one, infamous for the difficulty of the Queen's second aria, "Der Hölle Rache", suggesting that Zenith Xeep was an extremely skilled singer.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery (First appearance)
Notes and references
- In Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 7, Chapter 12 (And Hello Magical Accidents and Catastrophes), Garrick Ollivander implies Zenith Xeep is older or around the same age he is, saying that "I've been following her career since I was a lad". Since Ollivander was already working and therefore of age (17) in 1926 (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (see this image)), he was born no later than 1909.
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 7, Chapter 12 (And Hello Magical Accidents and Catastrophes)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 7, Chapter 14 (The Search for Zenith Xeep)
- Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery, Year 7, Chapter 13 (Side Effects May Include Memory Loss)